The program is looking for talented individuals from AIS participating countries with marine science background and are currently taking a master’s degree program. The selected candidates will be able to study for one semester (June – December 2021) and earn credit from the Universitas Diponegoro, Indonesia as the host university. The scholarship recipients have the chance to explore the possibility of transforming their ideas into a tangible solution with the guidance from marine ecosystem members or network of experts that are available at Universitas Diponegoro. At the end of the program, they will present their study and project results to representatives from the AIS Forum.
Candidates will be able to select some of the best courses at the Faculty of Fisheries and Marine Science and have the opportunity to receive credits for their study. They can choose from a wide range of relevant subjects especially in the area of marine science. Moreover, the selected individuals will have access to on-campus events such as seminars, workshops, conference, site visit and internship. The available courses will be informed separately.
Outside of the classroom, the scholarship awardees are going to participate in some of the following activities such as:
- Internship in Center of Excelence for Coastal Rehabilitation and Disater Mitigation Studies (CoREM), Universitas Diponegoro
- Internship in Center for Integrated Coastal Zone Management (ICZM), Universitas Diponegoro
- Internship in Marine Natural Product Laboratory, Universitas Diponegoro
- Internship in Tropical Marine Biotechnology Laboratory, Universitas Diponegoro
- Coastal Environment Problem Solving at Karimun Jawa Islands, Central Java
- Lessons Learn of Coastal Environmental Hazard and Developing BwN (Building with Nature)
- Internship Program at Marine Research and Observation Center (BROL), Perancak, Bali
- Marine Biotechnology Camp in Jakarta
- International Conference at Yogyakarta
- Workshop on related themes at Universitas Diponegoro
The Innovator Scholarship is aimed at early to mid-career professionals from AIS countries who are looking to expand their network and solve problems affecting archipelagic and island states. To be eligible for the program, at the time of application, each individual must:
- Be a citizen of eligible countries (see the list in I)
- Demonstrated leadership experience at an institutional or corporate level
- Provide a relevant professional or academic experience in one of the four main AIS Forum areas of cooperation
- Currently enrolled in a master’s degree program of marine related subjects (e.g marine science, fisheries, etc)
- Be between 18-35 years old
More info please click here.