The Master Program in Production, Management and Conservation of Biological Natural Resources at the Universidad de Los Lagos (Chile) (www.ciencias.ulagos.cl) has the objective of forming scientists at academic level, characterized by a solid theoretical foundation, and capable of contributing to the search of solutions for problems related to the conservation, management and use of the environment and its living resources (www.ciencias.ulagos.cl).
2 years (4 semester)
Professionals interested in specializing in management, executive and advisory positions related to environmental and natural, terrestrial or aquatic resources management, in public or private institutions; join research teams and / or continue higher studies at the doctoral level, in this same area of knowledge. Applicants must have a basic training in Natural Sciences (Agronomy, Biology, Marine Biology, Ecology, Aquaculture, Forestry and Fisheries Sciences), and have developed a thesis, seminar or research report.
- A Licentiate or Bachelor in Science or Profesional degree, in an area related to the Biological Science or conservation or management of biological natural resources (duration of at least 8 academic semesters).
- Successful completion of undergraduate courses in the following subjects: algebra, calculus, biology, botany or zoology, ecology, chemistry, organic chemistry or biochemistry, genetics or evolution, and statistics.
Desirable to have participation in:
– Publications in peer-reviewed journals (WOS or Scielo)
– Participation in nationally or internationally financed research projects
– Participation in scientific conferences as expositor (oral or poster)
Applicants are asked to send a digital version of their documentation and completed application forms in http://www.admisionpostgrado.ulagos.cl/ by October, 31st
After an initial evaluation of the applications, selected candidates will be called for an interview (in person or on-line) with the admissions committee.
For more information, contact:
Dr. José Luis Muñoz, Admission Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Cristian B. Canales-Aguirre, Program Director, email@example.com